Friday, June 09, 2006

Living In Sin City



Sin City is another movie based on a comic book, a series of them actually, by Frank Miller. THe movie attempts, quite sucessfully, to adopt a comic book style. It is mostly black and white, with a few bits of color added here and there for emphasis. There's only one really good guy in here, a cop played by Bruce Willis, who gives his life for that of a girl, twice, sort of. The movie tells 3 interweaving tales (with a minor 4th plot beginning and ending the movie), but the links are weak. Mostly it is a tale of bad vs. evil as there is very little good in Sin City. There is again quite a bit of gore in this movie, though most of it tends to be integral to the plot. Ironically, I found myself rooting the most for one of the roughest character in the movie, Marv, played by Mickey Rourke. Ironic because I don't much care for the actor work before this point, but I like him here in this role. I'm glad I saw this movie and I will likely see its sequel, but I don't think I will watch it again any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home